"Anonymous" left the following research as a comment on our blog last night and it is so good I wanted to share it with all of you!
Path To Win Through a Brokered Convention
1) McCain can be prevented from winning 1191 delegates.
According to RealClearPolitics McCain has 720 delegates & still needs 471 to win.
That means he has to get 44% of the remaining delegates to secure 1191.
2) So Huckabee needs to win 57% of the remaining delegates to force this to a brokered Convention.
3) On Super Tuesday McCain got 42% of the vote in Blue States and only 26% in Red States. Over 60% of McCain’s delegates have come from Blue States. Do we really want our candidate picked by states that we have very little chance of winning in the fall?
4) Remaining delegates: Red States = 711 [ 70.5% ], Blue States = 297 [ 29.5% ]
RED States Left:
69 North Carolina
32 New Mexico
27 South Dakota
5) Every time Republicans have gone to a brokered Convention we have won!
Abraham Lincoln – 3rd Ballot - Won Presidency
Rutherford Hayes – 7th Ballot - Won Presidency
James Garfield - 36th Ballot - Won Presidency
Warren Harding – 10th Ballot – Won Presidency
6) Conservatives, unite! There is still time! Win the Red States and we go to the convention for a discussion about what it means to be a Republican.
Hope this brings encouragement and hope. It is not over!
You're right! Thank you, "Anonymous!"